Thursday, September 12, 2013

Where are all the Aggies?

This might just be the strangest September I have ever witnessed. While my facebook feed is filled with gameday tailgating and "whooping" and maroon wardrobes, I come to work eachday with radio silence in regards to college football. (gasp)

Today, I brought up the game this Saturday. I invited the team to watch it on Saturday at the one pub in the city that will be playing the game (insert another gasp). Strangely, no one cared (and all had plans Saturday!? how strange). No one even wanted to trash talk me about Johnny Football. The only question I got was "Is football really his last name". Sigh.

By all means, I am not a diehard football fan. I will proudly wear my Maroon and sit at a bar/pub to watch the game - but suddenly I am a raging American football fan (to my coworkers). There is a sudden urge to throw my arms around my neighbors and teach them how to saw varsity's horns off. I might cry myself to sleep singing the fight song.  (For the English people that read my blog: Yes, I know that you might not understand half the words in this post. but then again, that is how I feel everyday listening to you guys - or should I say "Y'all" - talk)

This will be my Kyle Field this weekend to watch A&M BTHO Bama:


Quite a long way away from this:






No comments:

Post a Comment