Tuesday, March 5, 2013

"We open when we get around to it"

My laundry and dry cleaning needed to be picked up today. The cleaners are a cute little mom and pop shop - as many of the restaurants and shops are in mu are. so cute indact that they are only open from 8:30am-6:00pm (see picture below).

That's great of course if you are one of the typical people in Mayfair who is either a "stay at home trophy wife" or "can just have your maid go pick it up". I don't fall into either category.

At 8:50am I am still waiting outside the shop. I am not going to be 30ish minutes late to work since I have to drop the clothes off (I can't leave them in the tube the way I could in a car!) and then fight tube traffic. (And by fight I mean literally throwing bows). I understand that things come up and people are late. But it was late to open two weeks ago for me and last week for a coworker. And dropping off Saturday to Saturday is not an option for the small amount of clothes I brought!

This is one of the many examples of the casual "we open when we want" attitude that I've seen all over the uk (and eu)

No comments:

Post a Comment