Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Margaret Thatcher lives on.... In Dallas!

I am not sure if people in the states know that Margaret Thatcher passed away.... but it has kind of been a big deal here. (and "kind of" is an understatement"). Her death has been the most controversial topic I have seen yet in London.

People either love her or hate her:


My personal take is completely selfish (seeing as I am not a northern UK resident anyways): A quote from UK Daily Mail states "Without her – and the ‘Big Bang’ transformation of the City during the Eighties – would London be the international metropolis it is today? Most unlikely, said the random selection of City workers I talked to outside." To me this means "If it wasn't for Margaret Thatcher, I might not get to be in London today. Thus making me a Thatcher-fan.

This is (thankfully) not a political blog.... so, lets get to the good stuff.

Margaret Thatcher's ONLY grandson, Michael Thatcher, is a Aggie who now lives in Dallas.

Small freaking world. What are the odds?!? He grew up literally 10 minutes from my (old) apartment. The world is really smaller than we think and I am smacked in the face with this reality nearly every day here.



Gig 'em Thatchers!


If you want to know more:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/margaret-thatcher-american-grandkids-chip-conservative-block-article-1.1315354
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/margaret-thatcher/9988512/Margaret-Thatcher-The-grandchildren-in-the-US-who-share-the-Iron-Ladys-spirit.html




No comments:

Post a Comment