Sunday, June 16, 2013

Tourist in your town


It's not just me. Tons if expats here have the same issue. You just don't go to all the touristy places on your own. Maybe because we are actually living life here and doing things like.... Work. 

I also realized that there is no need to do "touristy" things alone when I can wait for a friend to come visit and have the experience with a friend.

Insert Ashlyn coming to town! Ashlyn and I played tourist and did proper British things - Tower of London, afternoon tea, changing of the guards, Harrods. 

It's funny to realize it took me 4 months to do some of the typical touristy things that others do in just a weekend. Makes me think of how many "touristy" things I missed out on in 3 years in Dallas. (Took me 2.5 years to actually go see where JFK was shot! Yes, I stood on the "x" in the middle of the road)

Really, the stop and go bus tours in your own town is not a bad idea.





No comments:

Post a Comment