Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tea and Taxes

I love learning just how the British people view Americans & America. Three stories come to mind:

(1) I read a book (non fiction) about a British girl who moved to America at age 7 (or 9?) and when asked how she liked American, she proudly responded "well, I think it will be a great country when it grows up"

(2) This weekend I was at the Tower of London (more to come on my amazing weekend with Ashlyn later). We had a tour guide that explained to us "if only you guys had paid your taxes.... All this history could be yours"

(3) I had this online conversation with Michelle (see below). Background - I left me tea in the other room and she brought it back to me. (And yes, anyone who knows me is probably not surprised that I was talking and became absent minded and left my tea.)


No comments:

Post a Comment