Monday, May 27, 2013

Summer coat

I posted a new profile picture today in Facebook. Yes, probably the lamest way to start a blog post, but stick with me. I posted a picture I took this weekend of myself in a coat, scarf, and sunglasses (yes! It was one of the oh, so, few sunny days I've had here!)

I was told from a girl I work with (Elif) said that its very "summery" since, you know, I'm wearing sunglasses. And I mean, definitely a more summer scarf since its not wool and covering my whole neck. I liked her comment. Yea, it is a summery pic for the changing of the weather! (You know, from cold and rainy to slightly less cold and rainy)

Then Memorial Day hit. And everyone is posting pictures that are tan, by the water, and in bathing suits. Well damn. 

Has my idea of a summery pic changed? Sunglasses, a slightly less warm coat, and a "summery scarf" does not a summer make.

Sunscreen in Texas is a necessity to keep from frying past the point of peeking. Sunscreen in London is to "prevent wrinkles" since there might be just a few rays of bad uv rays seeping through the clouds. I wear sunglasses to remember what they feel like. The closest to a tan that I might get this year is store bought.

Summery pic?! Ha. It's all part of your perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment