Friday, May 10, 2013

The Saharan Taxi

Micha, Nathan, and I took (as we were told) a Saharan Taxi. Aka a Camel ride. We were told that a camel is the best form of transportation across the desert because you give them water and food once and you are good to take them on your journey. People would literally ride them for 45 days. After about 15 minutes though, we had had enough... and only half way done.

The boys complained about their man parts - Nathan even sat cross legged for part of the journey (which I'm sure is completely against some safety regulation.. But then again, so is riding camels led by random Berbers in the desert. No safety video required to ride) and me? Well, I would say that it was the world's slowest taxi I had ever taken. And I've sat in a New York cab in time square during rush hour. I am pretty sure I could walk across the desert faster than the camels and they have two extra legs. It was a good test of patience though!

All in all, it was fun to ride a camel. I will have pictures to come of me in about a month when Nathan gets his camera cord for his computer (if any of his friends randomly read this, can you please send it? Thanks. I'm clearly lacking patience today) oh and we even saw baby camels!







No comments:

Post a Comment