Saturday, May 4, 2013

Poverty with a mix of satellite tv

I am going to show you a close up of the little town on the hills from my previous blog post. I am sitting on the roof of my hotel (they have a seating area, I'm not just climbing random Moroccan buildings) and overlooking a decently impoverished Villiage. Impoverished, yet equip with satellite tv.

I noted the little dish ontop of small, old buildings. Nathan (my colleague who works in Africa) explained that tv is one of the most highly valued treasures in many African villages. Interesting. No door and yet tv.

I do believe that they appreciate a simplistic way of living here. And quite frankly the kids seem to be running around outside. It is just fascinating to see satellite dishes across the skyline of these old Moroccan homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment