Monday, May 6, 2013

Camping in Fes

Okay not really. But it almost feels that way.

Poor Nathan (my work colleague and current travel buddy, and "brother" to anyone who asks in morocco). I will fully admit that after 12 hours of not eating, missing our train station which cost is 3 additional hours of a train, not being able to use the train toilet because you would have to wade through what looked like ankle's level of pee (that smelled like it was there for a century), not being able to find the hotel through a random alleyway in Fes (you can see a picture below), and then when we find it realizing that wasn't exactly the nicest place ever.... I was probably not the most fun person to be around.

I would say I stayed in nicer hotels.... Like every hotel that I've ever stayed in ever (including hostels when studying abroad in college). Nathan says it "has character". I say that my really nice, yet old, hotel in Mayfair London has character. This hotel is.... Unique. The lobby is pretty and the staff is absolutely wonderful (although I question their laundry and bathroom cleaning skills). They couldn't be sweeter and even offered to lend us cash last night when we arrived since we had to find an ATM. And we got free breakfast here! (Another all carb Moroccan breakfast)

A good friend of mine, Virginia, is thinking of maybe taking her honeymoon here. Nathan and I keep debating the pros and cons of a honeymoon in morocco. I think we agree on "yes, if you want something completely out of the norm" but without skimping on hotels...

Today we have a tour with a local. Cultural experience? Here we come!









No comments:

Post a Comment