Friday, February 8, 2013

So Fresh and So Clean Clean

Lets talk about one of my favorite things in London ("talk" as in this is a two way conversation with my friends & family... just go with it): I LOVE how fresh and organic this city is.


  • On my first week here, I was told that you wont find the words "organic" in London. That is because EVERYTHING is Organic. It is just a way of life
  • When you go to a restaurant, they all boast where they got their local ingredient. I was literally at a place called Roast this week (I will take any of you who come visit - "typical" British food, but fancier than the normal pub). And on the back there was a list of ingredients that were received from the Borough Market. I looked out the window and on the ground floor (that is what they call the zero floor here, I had to ask) there was a huge sign that said "Borough Market" - NICE!
  • I was walking to work and realized that one of the "fast food" restaurants (pictured below) had fresh milk outside for the day. Yes, they have their milk delivered every morning (how cool!). My British colleague informed me that they had milk delivered to their house in this manner growing up - awesome.


I also realized... that this means that it is cold enough on my walk to work for fresh milk to sit outside. Sigh. (If I start spelling realized "realised" - please, please tell me that I need a trip back home)

1 comment:

  1. We had milk delivered this way growing up

    ReplyDelete